Integrative Body-Centered Therapy and Bodywork
Professional since 1997
Click here to book online
In Robbin’s practice the “body” is viewed as a reflection of all that is “within” each of us, which includes our thoughts, attitudes, feelings and beliefs. Her intention is to gently guide clients to recognize that the body has a natural intelligence that when explored can offer a new depth of self-understanding and awareness. Come learn and strengthen your ability to connect and listen to your bodies’ innate wisdom to feel at “home”, allowing for more ease, fulfillment and purpose in your daily life.
“The body never lies- the body says what words cannot” –Martha Graham
Specialized areas addressed:
- Personal Growth
- Mental Health Concerns
- Grief and loss
- Finding healthy ways to address and relieve stress
- Eating disorders
- Pain control and chronic tension
- Addiction and Recovery
- Health Challenges
Modalities offered by Robbin:
- Body Centered Psychotherapy ($90/$135)
- Rosen Method Bodywork ($90/$135)
- Sober Life Coaching ($90/$135)
- Therapeutic Massage Therapy ($80/$120)
- Reiki & Healing Touch (60 min $80/90 min $120)
- Conscious Breath & Awareness Sessions (info upon request)
Descriptions of Modalities
50 minutes $90/ 80 minutes $135
Body-centered psychotherapy is an experiential therapy based on the idea that we store or hold information and emotions in our bodies. Said another way, our bodies have a kind of memory for experiences and feelings. Body-centered psychotherapy tries to identify where experiences may be blocked and inhibiting you from accessing your feelings.
By giving the body a “voice,” through movement, gesture, sound and/or awareness of subtle sensations, you can gain insight into long-held patterns of thought, emotion or behavior. The awareness and understanding gained in this process can help you to develop a deep inner sense of knowing, to reduce anxiety and depression, to make healthy decisions, to set boundaries in relationships, and to feel grounded and more confident.
Sober Life Coaching
50 minutes $90/ 80 minutes $135 (sliding scale available)
This is a person-centered strength based support for persons struggling with an addiction or strengthening their recovery. For those who wish to have additional support in the recovery process from alcohol, drugs or other substances. Recovery coaching accelerates the individuals’ progress in recovery by creating greater focus and awareness of choices, actions, and personal responsibility. Coaching focuses on where the client is now and the process of moving forward with the “next right step”. This service is also available for those impacted by loved ones with addiction or recovery.
Rosen Method Bodywork
50 minutes $90/ 80 minutes $135
My Rosen Method Teacher and mentor, Sandra Wooten, describes the work as, “Respectful touch allowing changes to begin on the inside and move outward at a pace that matches an individual’s own rhythm. The result is an “unfolding” rather than attempting to fix someone and make them different. It is a process of gently showing people to themselves—reflecting their true being, their integrity and aliveness”.
Rosen Method Bodywork uses gentle direct touch to listen to the body and responsive words that allow a person to become aware of the happenings in their body and how the body reacts to everything around them. Research of this modality by Dr. Alan Fogel has shown enhanced physical health, increased body awareness, reduction of depressed feelings, anxiety and stress: lower perceived levels of pain and fatigue, support for personal growth and an increase in the ability to self-initiate life changes and transitions.
Therapeutic Massage and Energy Work
Modalities offered individually or collectively include: Zen Shiatsu, Hawaiian Lomi Lomi Massage, Swedish and Deep Tissue, Lymphatic Massage, Oncology Massage, Thai Therapy (on table), Reflexology, Massage Medi-Cupping, Reiki, Healing Touch and Aromatherapy.
Conscious Breath & Awareness
Breathing is one of the simplest things in the world. We breathe in, out. Given the simplicity of breathing, one would think it was easiest thing to do! The way in which we breathe is a direct correlation to the way we approach our lives and how we react to life within us and around us. Recovering the essential nature of our breath and developing awareness present practices allows us to step into living in a manner which is rich and fulfilling. The power of conscious breath is a miraculous healing strategy that had been used for millennia. Breathing practices impact our physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual well-being. Sessions offered for individuals or groups.
Educational and Training Background:
- MA degree in Somatic Counseling Psychology from Naropa University (2006)
- MS degree in Nutritional Science from South Carolina State University (1991)
- Certified Rosen Method Bodywork Practitioner (2007)
- Certified Nuero-Linguistic Programming Practitioner and Life Coach (2013)
- Certified Recovery Coach and Interventionist (2016)
- Certified Biofeedback for Education and Wellness (2017)
- Certified Kripalu Yoga and Meditation Instructor (2005)
- Extensive training in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) (2017)
- Certified Zen Shiatsu Practitioner ( 2010)
- Hawaiian Shamanism Bodywork Practitioner (2016)
- Reiki Master (Usui linage) 2006
- Healing Touch Practitioner (1998)
- Certified Kripalu Massage and Bodywork (1997)
- Certified ACE Massage Cupping (2014)
- Other training: Lastone Massage, Myofascial Release, Thai Massage
*** Nationally Board Certified with NCBTMB and member ABMP , American Counseling Association and Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback