Preferred Booking method: Click here to book online
Maya Abdominal Therapy & Visceral Manipulation
Initial Consult and Treatment $165.00
60 Minute follow up $ 100.00
90 Minute Follow up $ 135.00
- Digestive Complaints
- Pelvic Pain
- Fertility issues
- Painful/Irregular ovulation and menstruation
- Menopausal Symptoms
- Bladder issues/Dysfunction
- Post Surgical complaints
- Post Pregnancy Pain
- Digestive complaints
- Pelvic Pain
- Weak Tired Legs
- Difficult, painful or incomplete urination
- Prostate enlargement/discomfort
What is Abdominal Massage?
Abdominal massage of this type is a therapeutic treatment that has been known and practiced by healers for thousands of years but forgotten in this century. So often, modern medicine tends to focus on relieving symptoms, rather than the cause of the disease. Women and men suffer needlessly from a barrage of physical complaints that can easily be corrected by returning the uterus/prostate to its proper position and function using these massage techniques.
The uterus may have shifted or the prostrate may have swollen, potentially restricting the flow of blood, lymph, nerve impulses and energy flow. This can cause most of the common female and male reproductive oriented issues, as well as a host of unrelated ailments, including digestive complaints.
What is Visceral Manipulation?
Visceral Manipulation is a gentle manual therapy that aids your body’s ability to release restrictions and unhealthy compensations that cause pain and dysfunction.
It also assists to move and release fascial restrictions in the abdomen and pelvis to encourage the normal movement and function of your internal organs.
“Viscera” related to the internal organs of the body, such as the liver, kidneys, and intestines.
What causes this to happen?
Poor pelvic alignment, chronic constipation and straining, accidents, surgeries, and many other stressors to the ligaments that support the abdominal and reproductive organs. Repeated pregnancies close together and extensive pushing during birth, falling on your tail bone, surgeries, etc.
What is a session like?
The session involves an in-depth discussion of medical and lifestyle history. We discuss symptoms and goals and develop a plan to work together to accomplish these. We assess your pelvic alignment and abdominal stressors, and position of the uterus and all organs. Tara use’s Maya Abdominal Therapy and Visceral Manipulation techniques together to assist in proper positioning. She will also show you an abdominal self care treatment so that you can continue treatment at home each day on your own.
First time appointments are two hours long. Follow up visits are either one hour long or one and a half hours long.
For Medical and Holistic health (non sexual)
Pelvic Steam, V-Steam (Vaginal Steam) Treatment
30 minutes $40.00
Is an ancient treatment that can help those who are suffering from infertility, chronic yeast and bladder infections, cysts, fibroids, digestive issues, scaring from surgeries, prostate issues and back pain.
Medicinal Properties of the treatment
- Helps with Ovulation issues
- Prepares the uterus for implantation
- Helps strengthen ligaments that support the uterus
- Stimulates the production of hormones
- Soothes while strengthening the nervous system
- Aids in restarting regular menstrual cycles
- Protects the uterus from ulcers and tumors
- Kills intestinal worms
- Helps fight infection
- Helps correct digestive disorders
- Warms the body
- Helps to relieve back pain
- Aids in prostate issues
- Helps with recovery from vasectomy reversals
WARNING – NOT for use during pregnancy.
In the first few months of doing bajos or V-Steams in combination with the abdominal massage, women have reported that their menstrual blood looks different. Some women have reported blood that resembles coffee grounds (old dried blood) or even the passing of fleshy tissue. Usually by the third month women see a bright red oxygenated blood. Even women who haven’t bled in years because they’ve been through menopause, have reported a “cleansing” of old indurated blood. Improved blood and lymph flow increases the health of the tissue on a cellular level. This service can be scheduled as a stand alone treatment or used in conjunction with your treatment. You can also purchase herbal packets and do the steam in your own home.
- Fertility protocol-first day of your period or at the tail end of your period
- Hormonal migraines- up to three times the week before your period
- Dysmenorrhea or painful periods – up to three times the week prior to your period, or the first day of your period if you are spotting
- Menopause- as needed or four times a year at seasonal changes, for instance. Sometimes women who haven’t bled in years will report having what seems like another period, but it is actually a cleansing of old debris from the uterus.
- Hemorrhoids- as needed with astringent herbs
30 Minute $45.00
60 Minute $75.00
90 Minute $115.00
120 Minute $140.00
Therapeutic massage addresses tension and holding patterns in muscles and connective tissue thereby helping to relieve pain, stress, tightness and restricted mobility of joints. Tara also works with clients who have been in auto accidents and will work with your insurance company to see if your treatment cost is covered.
Each session is individualized for your specific need, but includes warmth, aromatherapy and bliss.
Tara offers Hot Stone, Caribbean Therapy Body Treatment.
Massage for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
30 Minute $45.00
60 Minute $75.00
90 Minute $115.00
120 Minute $140.00
When it comes to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, most people believe the problem lies within the carpal tunnel, which is in the wrist area. This may be the case for a few people, but more often than not the problem stems from tension through the neck, shoulders, and pectorals (upper chest region).
Some common symptoms of Carpal Tunnel include but are not limited to:
- Numbness in hands/fingers (usually the thumb, index, & middle finger, but can go into the ring & pinky)
- Tingling in hands/fingers, Constant feeling of achy-ness in hands/fingers/arms
- Weakness in hands/fingers/arms
Ion Detox Foot Bath:
Cost – a single treatment is $40.00 for a 30 minute session
or a package of 12 is $35 each (recommended for best results) a $60 dollar savings!
What is it?
The body has 5 organs that allow DETOXFICATION: the Liver, Skin, Colon, Kidneys and the Lungs. The Ion Detox Footbath cleanses, balances and enhances the bio-energy present in the body. This energy is the electromagnetic force that is stored and utilized in the body. Chinese medicine refers to this energy is CHI. The Ionic Detox Footbath can be used to increase energy, both physical and mental, it also increases vitality and stamina. It purges and/or detoxifies the body of toxins, chemicals, radiation, pollution and other materials trapped in the tissues. The less polluted your body is, the more your body will work to its best capacity.
Why should I do it?
There are many reasons WHY to detox. Our body is susceptible to many types of toxins, such as food additives, alcohol, prescription drugs, pesticides, heavy metals, and/or environmental or industrial pollutants. It is so important to keep our body as clean as possible to function properly. Again, getting rid of these pollutants from our bodies will help us in the “fight”, i.e. our bodies (immune system) can be “under attack” and can cause many side effects including, but not limited to, tiredness, headaches/ migraines, cold/ flu, acne, bad breath, body odor problems, and sinus problems, just to name a few. Some experts have suggested this type of holistic therapy as an alternative to the prevention of immune deficiency disease.
The potential benefits of the ion foot detox are the reduction of the everyday toxins in your body and known to reduce the following:
- Remove toxins and body waste products known to cause health problems.
- Inactivate viruses, bacteria, yeast and fungus.
- Purify the blood and lymph nodes.
- Enhance nutrient absorption.
- Help clear up bad skin.
- Slow down aging and improve body flexibility.
- Increase oxygen in the body.
- Improve sleep.
- Chelate heavy metals.
- Relieve pain and tension.
- Stimulate and balance the immune system.
- Reduce inflammation and unwanted fluid retention
- Assist in weight loss.
- Quicken recovery time from disease or injury.
- Rejuvenate and energize your whole body.
- Relieve headaches.
Appointment needed so please call ahead.
Please download and fill out the Questionnaire for Ion Foot Bath Treatment Prior to your Appointment
We look forward to helping you achieve your health goals!!! There is no discomfort while having this treatment entire process takes about 30 minutes.
It is recommended that you drink plenty of water and rest of needed.
It is generally not recommended to use the machine if you:
- Wear a pacemaker or any other battery operated or electrical implant.
- Take heartbeat regulating medications or blood thinners.
- Are a pregnant or lactating woman.
- Are an organ transplant recipient.
- Have undergone organ removal, especially the colon.
- Are on a medication that, if absent from your system, would mentally or physically incapacitate you
(e.g., psychotic episodes or seizures).
- Support system is recommended, drink a lot of water, and rest if necessary.
Tara will add this complimentary technique into her sessions. Cupping is an ancient Chinese method of causing local congestion. A partial vacuum is created in cups placed on the skin either by means of heat or suction. This draws up the underlying tissues. When the cup is left in place on the skin for a few minutes, blood stasis is formed and localized healing takes place. Cupping has also been found to affect the body up to four inches into the tissues, causing tissues to release toxins, activate the lymphatic system, clear colon blockages, help activate and clear the veins, arteries and capillaries, activate the skin, clear stretch marks and improve varicose veins.
30 Minutes $45 /60 Minutes $75
CST is a gentle hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the function of the craniosacral system, comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluids that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord.
Flower Essence Consultation
60 min $75 includes 1 tincture
Tara uses the holistic, medicinal and energetic properties of plants to stimulate the body’s inherent ability to regain and maintain healthy function and balance.