Kristy Burgess, MA/LMFT
“The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.”
I am a Holy Fire® III Usui/Karuna Reiki Master Teacher and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. I am a creative, intuitive, inventive, grounded, and calming presence that I bring forward into my practice to help those with anxiety or depression or someone just wanting to find more of their own inner peace and enjoyment for life. I utilize Holy Fire®/Usui Reiki healing, crystal healing, sound healing and intuition along with my family systems psychotherapy and certified EMDR training to provide a therapy session to get to the healing needed for the people I meet with.
I am a Certified EMDR practitioner and a Usui Reiki Master since 2005. EMDR is a therapy that saves time by getting directly to the roots of the issue. Reiki is an energy healing modality proven by the Center of Reiki Research. My practice bridges the gap between holistic practices and traditional talk therapy. As a Certified EMDR Therapist, I have an in-depth understanding of complex trauma. Everyone has it in themselves to heal.
For those interested in holistic practices, I am a Reiki Master that can teach you how to do Reiki as well as other healing modalities for yourself in your day to day life so you become your own healer!
– Certified Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapist (EMDR)
– Individuals therapy for persons 10 years of age and older
– Healing from current and past medical trauma
– First responders
– Complex trauma and Dissociation
– Couples therapy
– Personal growth
– Adjustment issues and transitions in life
– Connection to Inner Self
– Deeper understanding of masculine and feminine within Self
– Grief and loss
– Sexual identity / Sexual issues / Sexual abuse trauma
– Outdoor / Wilderness therapy
- Supervision for LMFT or LPCC (Groups and Individuals)
– Use of holistic practices in therapy
– Support in Self as a Therapist
– Understanding complex cases and trauma
- Holistic Healing Practices
– Reiki healing sessions
-Holy Fire® III Reiki healing experience
-Holy Fire®III/Usui Karuna® Reiki
– Crystal healing
– Crystal healing meditations
– Sound healing
- Retreat and Classes
– Connecting to Your Intuition
– Crystal Healing Classes
– Reiki Shares monthly
– Holy Fire® III/Usui Reiki 1 and 2 classes
– Holy Fire® III/Usui Reiki Master Teacher Classes
– Holy Fire® III/Usui Karuna® Reiki Master Teacher Classes
EMDR (Eye Movement, Desensitization and Reprocessing)
Eye Movement, Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy is a therapy that was developed to address trauma and now has been widely used to aid in treating many different mental issues. It accesses the brain’s natural healing abilities through bilateral stimulation (alternating stimulation of both sides of the body through eye movement, tapping, or sound) to assist in reprocessing distressing memories/traumas into neutral memories.
“It’s your own internal process doing the healing; EMDR just “jump starts” it when necessary and helps it work faster. Once the isolated “land mine” of trauma has been reprocessed with the help of EMDR, it is neutralized so it won’t go off and flood into the present anymore. It’s integrated into the big picture of your life, so it feels like it’s over and it doesn’t have the power to derail you from your present okness. It’s a little like a dentist removing all of the decay in a painful tooth before putting in a filling that feels and works much better.” ~Jill Strunk, Ed.D., L.P., EMDR facilitator, EMDRIA consultant
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from University of Northern Iowa 2007
- Masters of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy from Argosy University- Twin Cities site 2009
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Minnesota since 2013 (#2413)
- Minnesota Board Approved Supervisor for Marriage and Family Therapy and Board of Behavioral Health and Therapies since 2016
- Certified EMDR Therapist through EMDRIA
- Reiki Master (Usui Lineage) since 2005
Individual therapy (45-55 minute session)- $188
Individual Therapy (60-75 minute session) $222
EMDR Therapy Phases 3-8 (60-75 minute session)- $222
Couples Therapy (90 minute session)- $244
Healing session (60-75 minute session)- $222
PLEASE NOTE: A 3% will be added to credit card charges
Superbills are provided to submit to insurance. Check with your medical insurance to see if they reimburse for out of network providers.
Wish to Schedule with Kristy? Have a Question?
Call Kristy at 952-283-9283, email email@example.com or click below to request an appointment today.